Friday, April 9, 2010

What it is That I Will be Doing This Summer

So as most of you may have guessed by now I am going to be working out in New Mexico this summer at Philmont Scout Ranch.  I am going to be the Assistant Dining Hall Manager at the Training Center, so I will be working with adult leaders and their families and not much if any with the boys that come. I have been told that I will be helping with and taking care of

  • Scheduling the staff
  • Assisting with special meals outside of the dining hall
  • Leading the Philmont Grace for each meal
  • And the usual solving problems or telling people where they can go to solve the problem.
My first day of work will be May 2nd, and I will be there until the end of August, about three days before school starts for me.

I am going to be working on the base camp so things are going to be a little different then just going to a normal camp...I will have cell phone service so I can get phone calls while I am there.  They also have WiFi so I have access to the internet, and from that I will make sure that I try and keep this blog updated, since I  am in a management position unlike some other staff they will more than likely have me in a cabin other than a tent.  So really it is not going to be much like camping at all.

Now for those of you that want to get a hold of me with like letters and post cards here is the address for where it is that I will be;
     Kohl G. Ludwig PTC Dining Hall
     47 Caballo Rd.
     Cimarron, NM 87714
Well I think that is about everything for those of you that have questions just leave them in the comments and I will see if I can answer them.

2 comments: